Sucré Salé Crazy Bars
Ever wondered what you could do with…
My new favourite crust - half crushed pretzels, half crushed speculoos, a whole lot of butter...
Well, over the Easter break, I decided to find out. You see, we were hosting two separate events, plus going to one potluck dessert. I may or may not have gone a little crazy. First I made cookies & cream fudge, a favourite of our potluck hosts. But that left me with extra crushed Oreos. Then I made homemade Butterfingers (post coming up), which left me with extra candy corn and homemade peanut butter. I had speculoos crumbs left in the pantry from Pi Day and I had bought some pretzels because I’ve been oh so tempted by Brown Eyed Baker’s Take 5 Candy Bar Pie, and well… what’s a girl to do?! Sadly these disappeared before a camera could get to them – I promise I’ll get better at that. In the meantime, I swear they’re worth making.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 sleeve speculoos cookies
- 200g pretzels
- 180g butter
- THE REST
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (warmed so liquid)
- 1/2 bag candy corn
- 150g milk chocolate
- 100g white chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed Oreos
Here’s what you do:
- Line 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. Heat oven to 170C/350F
- Use food processor to crumb speculoos cookies and pretzels together.
- Melt butter, add to food processor. Press mixture into pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle candy corn over the top, followed by peanut butter. Return to oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Melt milk chocolate. Remove pan from oven. Pour chocolate over the top. Spread so whole pan is covered. Sprinkle white chocolate chips. Add crushed (but not crumbed) Oreos. Press into chocolate.
- Leave to cool completely (refrigerate for a couple of hours to be sure). Cut into squares and serve.