Peanut butter truffle blondie chocolate cupcakes =)
After yesterday’s sugar post, who’s up for trying to eat just one? Here’s your challenge:
I’m calling it peanut butter truffle blondie chocolate cupcakes. One of my friends missed our bakemasters peanut butter chocolate night. So for her baby shower I made her some of these. Curious? Are you a fellow peanut butter chocoholic? Here’s how they work:
First make some…
Mix with butter and powdered sugar. Stir into little balls and stick in freezer. Now make some blondie batter:
and make some…
Here’s what you need:
- PEANUT BUTTER TRUFFLES and GLAZE
- 250g peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1tbs vegetable oil
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tbs butter
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 3 tbs milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (melted)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup flour
- LOW FAT CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 3/4 cup four (whole wheat optional)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 tbs baking soda
- 1 tbs vanilla
Here’s what you do:
- Get started with the peanut butter. Dump the peanuts into your food processor. Run till it becomes a paste. Scrape down sides. While running add vegetable oil and leave to run for 3 minutes. Leave the room – this thing is loud. Add the brown sugar and pulse.
- Take 3/4 of the peanut butter. Mix in a medium bowl with butter (2 tbs melted) and 2 cups powdered sugar and 1/2 tbs powdered sugar.
- Roll into twelve small balls and freeze.
- Rinse medium bowl and get started on the blondies. Melt butter in microwave, mix with brown sugar and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Line 12 cup muffin tin with fun liners. Divide batter into muffin tin cups.
- Rinse medium bowl and get started on the chocolate cake. Mix wet ingredients. Add dry ingredients. Stir well.
- Remove peanut butter truffles from freezer. Put one in each muffin tin cup. Cover with chocolate cake batter.
- Bake at 170C for 20 minutes.
- While baking, make glaze. Combine remaining peanut butter with 2 tbs butter, milk, 1/2 tbs vanilla, and 1 cup powdered sugar. If you prefer a thicker frosting, add more powdered sugar.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, add glaze.