Broccoli Pesto Chicken
Ready for a healthy tasty dinner idea? Got any broccoli that’s starting to look a little bit yellow? Well I was in just that situation last week, when the newsletter from foodbuzz popped into my inbox. Amanda over at Red Table had made this super skinny broccoli pesto and was using it as a dip for veggies and a spread for tortillas. It looked scrumptious, but I needed more of a meal. I had chicken in my fridge and so voilà – broccoli pesto chicken! It did NOT disappoint…
Here’s what you need:
- 2 cups uncooked broccoli (cut into pieces)
- 2 tbs pine nuts
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- pinch of salt
- chicken breasts (1 per person)
Here’s what you do:
- Heat oven to 170C. Place chicken breasts in roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer. Bake until temperature reaches 155F.
- Over medium heat toast pine nuts until fragrant.
- Put remaining ingredients (save 1/4 cup parmesan cheese) into bowl of food processor and blend until smooth.
- When chicken temperature reaches 155F, remove from oven and cover each breast with pesto. Return to oven until temperature reaches 165F. Top with remaining parmesan, cover with foil and let rest for 10minutes. Serve and enjoy =)