Olive Mushroom Tapenade Stuffed Chicken
Here’s one of my favourite quick dinners. It makes the house smell like a Mediteranean Bistro. It involves a few ingredients, is easy to do, and looks impressive – my favourite combination. Check it out:
Here’s what you need:
- 4 chicken breasts (butterflied)
- 250g mushrooms
- 200g black olives
- 1/2 cup white wine
- sliced light gouda cheese
- 1 cup uncooked barley
- poultry bouillon cube
Here’s what you do:
- In the bowl of your food processor, blend the olives and mushrooms until they form a cohesive relish like consistency.
- Splay out your chicken breasts. Top one side with 2 large tbs of tapenade and 1/2 slice gouda cheese. Fold over and top with an additional tbs tapenade. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts. Place in roasting pan. Add white wine to bottom of pan.
- Bake in 160C oven until temperature reaches 165F.
- Meanwhile put the barley, 1 1/2 cups water, and bouillon cube in medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Once boil is reached, reduce heat to low, cover, and set timer for 11 minutes.
- Once all the water has been absorbed, stir in remaining tapenade.
- Serve chicken breasts on a bed of barley.