Skinny Chicken Cordon Bleu
Just one more week till Easter, till chocolate eggs, jelly beans, and candy galore. So why not have a healthy dinner? I tried this Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe (adapted from Skinny Taste). It’s chicken and ham and cheese, all wrapped up in a well seasoned crust, then baked, not fried. It’s all you need for good old fashioned comfort food, without all the calories. I also added spinach to the mix so that there’d be at least one vegetable on the table. Check it out…
Here’s what you need:
- 4 chicken breasts (you can also use turkey), cut in half and pounded down (ready to roll)
- 4 pieces deli ham
- 4 pieces light sliced cheese (I used gouda)
- 4 pieces of whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbs herbes de provence
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- pinch salt & peper
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp light mayonnaise
Here’s what you do:
- Line baking sheet with foil or parchment. Spray with cooking oil. Heat oven to 165C (fan oven).
- Toast bread.
- In food processor turn bread into crumbs. Add parmesan, herbs, and spices. Pour into shallow dish.
- Beat eggs. Mix in mayonnaise.
- Take chicken breasts. Add ham and cheese and roll it up. With hand still around roll, dip it first into egg mixture, then into crumbs. Place fold side down on prepared tray. Repeat until done with all chicken.
- Spray oil over top.
- Bake for roughly 30 minutes (until meat thermometer reads 165F)
You might also like…
Honey Mustard Chicken
Broccoli Pesto Chicken