New Year’s Resolution Update – Magic Bars, Yum Yum
June is all about the mid-year check up. You may remember that my New Year’s Resolutions this year included a couple of baking goals. Well, I’ve completed a few of them (click on the photo for the link)…
Healthy Sausage Rolls
Cookie Dough Dip
Cadbury Cream Cookie Cups
And today I have one more to share with you – my own monster bars. Also known as 7 layer bars, these treats are basically an excuse to pour sweetened condensed milk over already yummy stuff and make it even more yummy. Inspired by these, I decided to make speculoos 7 layer bars, and man I’m glad I did! Here’s how it went…
Start with your butter, oats, flour, and brown sugar. Mash them all in the bottom of the pan.
Next top with white chocolate chunks
Now it’s time for the 7 layer bar staple – sweetened condensed milk, this time with speculoos
Pour it all over the top
bake and voilà
Speculoos Magic Bars =)
Here’s what you need:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup speculoos spread
- 1 can light sweetened condensed milk (I’m sure regular would work too)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
Here’s what you do:
- Heat oven to 350F (160C fan oven).
- Spray 9×13 pan with cooking spray. Put first 4 ingredients in pan. Crumble together with fingers. Press into pan.
- Warm speculoos in microwave for 20 seconds. Mix with sweetened condensed milk. Pour over oat mixture.
- Top with white chocolate.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting.
Another tasty resolution completed – Woot woot! =)